It is amazing to me that we are already beginning a new school year. It seems as though summer just absolutely flew by. However, I am ready to see my returning students and meet the new 5th graders who are freshly joining our middle school building!
Here are a few things to look forward to as we begin the new school year:
1. Open House will be on Tuesday, August 14th from 6-8 PM.
2. The first day of school is on Thursday, August 16th.
3. Character Council applications will be available on the first day of school. Completed applications are due on Tuesday, August 21st by 3 PM.
Character Council will take place with a different selection process this year. Interested students will complete an application, including a teacher recommendation. Students who qualify will then be called back for an audition. Students who meet all qualifications and perform with the requirements in the audition will be considered and selected by administration.
The students who meet the following requirements will be considered with priority:
- Grades must be C's and above from the previous quarter.
-Students who have no prior record of disciplinary action at school will have first priority of applications to be reviewed.
- Students must submit a Recommendation from a core teacher.
- Applicants who meet criteria will be called for a speaking audition.
Applications will go out the first week of school.
We are still trying to meet the approximation of 4 Character Council members per grade level. However, adjustments may be made to that number after the application and audition process.
I wish you all a very happy start to this school year, and I look forward to working with this amazing group of students! See you soon!